Monday, November 20, 2006

Bill O'Rielly Hates Me and My iPod

That Bill Orielly, you got to love such an "independent" sort who is not alligned with any political party. He reminds me of the crotchety old uncle that everybody has that is always bitching about stuff. Except of course Bill is a lot nuttier. So today he comes out and insults me two ways, as a 'computer geek' and an iPod lover.
"I don’t own an iPod. I would never wear an iPod...If this is your primary focus in life - the machines...it’s going to have a staggeringly negative effect, all of this, for America...did you ever talk to these computer geeks? I mean, can you carry on a conversation with them?"
Not that I would want Bill O'Rielly to have a conversation with me. I mean what could be possibly talk about? Maybe something I heard on the Real Time w/Bill Maher podcast, or some liberal biasness that I heard on one of NPRs many podcasts, or the liberal invectum of Democacy Now or any one of several 'left wing smear sites'. But 'the machines' are not my primary focus in life. That would be, like Mr. ORielly's, poon-tang, of course.

I just don't see where he gets all these "staggeringly negative effects for America" with what is really just an alternative radio. I suppose I should chuck the ol' iPod and go back to listening to the same old tired shit that Clear Channel would have me listen to. Clear Channel and their insistence on extremely bland and safe playlisting are what inspired me to buy an iPod in the first place. Besides NPR, the only other option to said blandness was the talk radio of Murray's 1340AM, where if I so desired I could listen to Mr. Orielly. About the only times I ever did that was when NPR had some classical crap on and I could not, for the love of God, listen to Old Time Rockin' Roll or Sweet Home Alabama one more fucking time!!!!!! You know, I really liked those songs the first couple thousand times that I heard them. But now thanks to Clear Channel, I equate "Classic Rock" to "boring suckage that I've heard way too many times before".

But I digress. About the only thing in common CC and BO have in common is that they both suck and they both pollute the nation's airwaves with crap. And they both made me want to get an iPod.

So to all my fellow iPod lovers, I provide the following link only out of sheer irony, I sure as hell wouldn't want you to actually listen to this goon. Behold the link to the Bill O'Reilly's Talking Points podcast! Tune in, the "War on Christmas" is about to escalate I'm sure.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home