Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Personal Finance Blogs that I Read

I'm always looking at personal finance blogs these days since it has become my latest obsession. I thought it would be a good post to list my present favorites that I check and occasionally comment on, and occasionally anonymously. I can't hardly stand to read about politics much anymore. At least my personal finances are something I can change.

So here they are.

Get Rich Slowly - One of my favorites.
The Simple Dollar - Ditto. I love how they get down and dirty on the math sometimes.
Five Cent Nickel - I like, but I think he's a little obsessed with credit cards and freebies.
Blueprint for Financial Prosperity - The Devil's Advocate series is interesting.
All Financial Matters - A little right-wingish but that's par for the course.
The Sun's Financial Matters - Looks like some good analysis.
Generation X Finance - I guess mostly because thats my generation...baby. (Who ref.)
My Money Blog - I don't have the risk tolerance or discipline for CC arbitrage but theres more.
The Digerati Life - Reminds me of my time in San Fransisco. Not in the way your thinking.
Money Socket - Not as frequent a poster as some, but who am I to talk?
Wise Bread - Its like personal finance you can read on the John. If you have a computer and internet connection in your John.
Zen Habits - A little light on the PF, and too strong on the Zen, but occasionally useful to me.

And I would have to add, since she agreed with me on a comment in another blog and has commented on this blog, Mrs. Micah, which used to be here. We both apparently agree on modifying our Dave Ramsey plan to be a little harder on the other debts, house, and investing early. She just figured it out much earlier in life.

As for regular sites of course there is Dave's myTMMO, on which forums I sometimes post on, mostly to get my tagline changed. I also check out Liz Pulliam Weston's syndicated column and sometimes the MSN forums that she hosts. I also usually go through the articles listed as the latest from Yahoo's Finance experts. If I read anyone there, it is usually David Bach, Suze Orman, and Laura Rowley (and Ben Stein if I want to get pissed off).

So that is what I'm reading regularly, at least in the PF world. On my iPod, I've got subscriptions to The Dave Ramsey Show (3 hour, commercial free), Kiplinger's podcast, and Money Girl's Quit and Dirty Tips for a Richer Life, as well as David Bach's podcast. I'm looking for more of them, but as with blogs they have to appelal to me just right to keep me interested.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Swamproot. :)

6:22 AM  
Blogger Swamproot said...

Your Welcome, Mrs. Micah.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home