Friday, May 18, 2007

Milloinare Candidates: Successfull(R) & Hypocrite(D)

Bowling Green (KY) blogger Osi Onyekwuluje asks "Do Millionare Candidates Bother You or Not"?

It struck a nerve because of something that I've been feeling for a long time and only had to listen to WNBS 1340 talk radio yesterday to be reminded that it's still a prevalent tactic with the conservo-pundits.

The only thing that bothers me about millionaire politicians is the way Faux News and its imitators always point out that when the Democratic candidate is rich, like that makes them a hypocrite. But if a Republican is rich, then it just goes to show how successful they were.

Just look at how everyone talked about John Kerry in 2004 as some kind of elitist, which I will grant you he most certainly is, but no mention was hardly ever made of his opponent being from a long line of Yale-attending elites.

For some reason having money seems to be a sin that conservatives like to paint their opponents with while considering it a virtue within themselves.

I would imagine the first Democrat who tries attacking a conservative for having money will get hit with "Of course, I'm rich. I don't sit around the house waiting to draw a welfare check. I work hard. I've invested wisely. I spent frugally". But Democrats must have done something crooked to have money, if you listen to conservative pundits.

My guess is that they consider them ingrates for not belonging to the party that "allowed them to keep more of the money they have earned" and passing our current fiscal responsibilities off on our children down the road.
Osi's response: "LOL".

I take that to mean he either agrees or he thinks I'm a puddin' headed liberal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home