Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekend at the WigWams

I spent last Friday and Saturday night in Cave City Kentucky at the world famous WigWam Villiage. One of only two (or maybe three) of the remnants of a chain that marked the glory years of car travel. They are by no means fancy accommodations but there is something so Americana-ish about the experience. We met up with family and friends there. Friday, we sat around the campfire, drinking too much beer, with me annoying the neighbors with my alchohol addled renditions of some old Gordon Lightfoot song on the ol' six string.

Saturday we got up and did a little caving, then looked around at the antique shops there. I added an item to my compulsive collection of antique juicers. Yes, I have THAT monkey on my back.

Back at the Wigwam we grilled up some burgers. After that, we sat around the campfire, drinking too much beer, with me annoying the neighbors with my alchohol addled renditions of some old Gordon Lightfoot song on the ol' six string. It was like deja vu, all over again.

But I will say a good thing about those massive concrete Wigwams is that they can block the noise. My wigwam neighbors were most grateful I'm sure.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home